We will publish our final primary care strategy by 1 April 2017.
It will build upon our Operational Plan for 2017-19 and our Statement of Intent for Primary Care, setting out our vision for Bath and North East Somerset general practice in 2020.
The key themes within our visions are:
- Progressing delivery at scale:
Changes to the contractual model and scale of delivery
- Building multidisciplinary team approaches:
Changes to skill mix and composition of teams
- Enhancing services delivered across seven days:
Changes to service design, location, timing and method of delivery
- Maximising the role of technology:
To support delivery of a wider range of methods for patient interaction with primary care
- Enhancing the primary care workforce:
Developing new roles to support primary care
- Securing high quality primary care services:
Through quality monitoring and peer review