Our Primary Care Strategy outlines how we intend to support GP practices in B&NES over the two-year period. It focuses on five main areas and what we are doing to address them:
- Access to care – we are introducing additional primary care appointments across B&NES from 1 October with support from our partners at B&NES Enhanced Medical Services (BEMS)
- Models of care – we will continue to support practices wishing to work more collaboratively to serve larger populations e.g. the Heart of Bath Medical Partnership and Minerva Health Group
- Workforce sustainability – we will work with national bodies to help increase and retain our workforce, as well as helping expand the roles of our primary care professionals
- Workload – we will offer project management support, advice about mergers and collaborations and encourage practices to share IT and HR issues to help manage workload
- Estates and infrastructure – we will help practices assess whether the sites they are based in are fit for purpose and support them to adopt new digital tools that will enable them to work more effectively.
Below are the full strategy documents and one-page condensed version.